Monday, May 24, 2021

#Reaper Armored Vampires

 For whatever reason, April's theme was vampires for the Reaper Challenge League. I've already painted up most of my vampire minis, but digging through my collection I came upon these two fine bloodthirsty fellows. One is a warlord figure, the other was a ReaperCon mini for one of the factions a couple years back.

 

I knew I wanted to paint them in red armor, but getting the right shade was a challenge.

 

 Reds are really difficult to get right. If you aren't careful, you end up with pink, or orange, or even purple.  Looking rather flat here... I don't have a good description of what I did, since I was trying a whole bunch of things trying to get the look I wanted.

 
 
 
 
 
 
I think I came close to what I was going for. Good enough anyway. 
 

I didn't get the face quite as condescending as I was trying for, but I'm moderately pleased with them anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.