Sometimes when I sit down to paint I'm not particularly motivated by anything on the tray in front of me. Usually it's because there's too much stuff on my tray. That happened to me last week, and I decided to do something about it.
I gave myself a reset. I cleared off everything, shook out the dust and shavings and put away almost all the paints (only keeping a couple whites and blacks), and moved all the minis that were done or weren't going to get worked on away. Then, I grabbed the 2 plague rats and decided to not only speed paint them, but do it with a limited palette.
I didn't do anything really fancy with them. Mixing the red, brown, and white got me their diseased skin color. A drop of green added to the mix helped to tone it down from the overly bright color it started as.The sores were painted first with the skin color, then pure red, then red mixed with white, then more white added to that. Tiny pinpricks of white on the pure black eyes helped to bring the eyes to life. A wash of the brown with a tiny bit of black helped to line the paws
As is typical, I still need to do the bases on them, but otherwise, they're done!