Monday, April 22, 2013

New Monster: Serpent King

"Mammal... What do you seek from the Serpent King?"

Feris cleared his throat. "Mighty Scaled One, we seek The Grimoire of Hyrekia The Sorceress." Sweat beaded all over his skin as the heat and humidity of the temple's throne room pressed heavily upon him.

After a long pause, the snakeman answered "Why do you think I have such an item?"

"We were told that it was gifted to you recently by Dazmig for steering Kaladrax toward his territory."

"I did turn abomination toward the godling. I was hoping that it would eat him." His empty black eyes looked unblinking at Feris. "Your friends are nervous waiting without you."

"My friends? I brought no one, as you requested."

"I didn't request it." he snapped. "It was a condition of this meeting."

"I told them to remain behind."

"Yet they come, skittering into my lands like mice." Slithering off his cushion, he glided toward Feris. "Should I kill them, or you, or all for this?"

"I just want the book, then I'll be on my way, and I'll take my friends with me."

The Serpent King's tongue flickered toward Feris' face. "And what do I get for that?"

"We'll kill the Red Dawn."



Serpent King

Armor Class: 3
Hit Dice: 12*** (M)
Move: 150' (50')
Attacks: 2 weapons/1 bite
Damage: 1d8+2/1d8+2/1d6+Special
No. Appearing: 1 (1)
Save As: C12
Morale: 11
Treasure Type: F
Intelligence: 11
Alignment: Chaotic
XP Value: 3,875

The Serpent King is a warrior priest of Set that casts spells as a level 8 Shaman. He is always accompanied by an additional 3d12 HD worth of snakes. He may also have 1d6 Children of the Gorgon followers. In combat the Serpent King will attack with his two magical blades (+2/+4 vs undead and +2 silencing) and his bite attack which requires a save vs poison or the victim will take 1d6 Constitution damage. This damage can not be healed by natural means.

Image Source: MetalChaos Blog's painting of Snakeman Champion.

4 comments:

  1. Nice scene w/ the serpent king. I like how he was addressed "Mighty Scaled One." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weapons look like flamingo heads. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gods, you're right! Now that's all I'll ever see...

      Delete

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.