Friday, September 4, 2026

August ‘26 In Review

Heat, humidity, thunderstorms… typical August. We took a long weekend to go enjoy Mystic seaport with some friends early in the month, and then popped into NYC late in the month for a Broadway show. In a lot of ways it was a good month… It’s been a crappy summer for a lot of my friends though. Deaths in the family, a fire, a fallen tree, health issues… It just seems like a crappy time all around, and of course all of them are all too far away for me to be able to help, to be able to hug. 

The kid has mostly been out of camp this month, which has meant more interruptions during the day while I work. Honestly this isn’t the worst thing. Sometimes frustrating, but it’s giving us the chance to work on knocking before entering a room.  

Miniatures
Once again, it was a slow start to the month. I didn’t even touch a paint brush till the 2nd week of the month, and even then it was a lot of back and forth on some stargrave minis without a lot of real progress. Sometimes things just come together, and other times it’s a fight to find something that makes me happy. In the end I got there, but it was a struggle. There was a big rush at the end to get some stuff wrapped up, and I’m a little worried about next month, as I’m starting to think about Halloween and this year’s yard project. 

 

I also got back to the cardboard transport and got it primed, and even started putting some paint on it!

 

 And because you can never have too many projects, I started working on an orc food truck inspired by this pic. 



Gaming
The above mentioned health issues have impacted our Stonehell game and limited progress. Between that and the condensing of 2 months of Beetle Knight games into a single report, I’m all caught up on my session reports. 

Summer doldrums also continue to conspire against my work game… 


Media 
Star Trek Strange New Worlds season 4
Resident Alien season 4
Letterkenny
Your Name

Books
The Painted Wastelands Empire of Bones
Alternity Tangents

Loot
Reaper Master Series 2 paints

Goals for September
Finish painting the cardboard transport ship
Play the next scenario of Hope Eternal
Build the food truck





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.