Monday, January 3, 2022

2021 In Review

Well that was a year, wasn't it? Bit of deja vu all over again. For a little while there it seemed like the pandemic was maybe nearing it's end. Most adults were vaccinated, many were boostered, kids were getting the shot... I went to a wedding, a concert, and even a movie!! It was starting to feel like maybe I could even venture to the game store to play something... But then, right at the end came Omicron. 

Politically things quieted down a bunch. Fewer protests and marches. Some signs of actual justice for those murdered by the police. Not great, and not a systematic change, but hopeful signs. Yet at the same time the democrats seem incapable of doing what's necessary to reinforce democracy. 

On the personal side of things, watching my child grow has been amazing. It's amazing watching him develop, and seeing how he goes from one stage to another. At this time last year he wasn't much more than a meatloaf. Now he's toddling around and getting into everything. 

As with last year, we spent the holiday at home, this time because of a pair of covid exposures. Thankfully everyone is fine, but I'll be a lot happier when they allow the youngest kids to get the vaccine. 


Gaming

There has been a solid amount of D&D this year, both running Stonehell, and playing in Rappan Athuk. And I'm almost completely caught up on my session reports. For Christmas I got myself a stack of Frog God Game books (almost all from a grab bag)

I've also been playing a bit of Torchlight 2 and Rebel Galaxy. 


Miniatures

I painted somewhere in the neighborhood of 100+ minis this past year. Not bad, all things considered! I'll post about that more next post.


Media

I only managed 15 books last year. Gonna try to do better for this year. Plenty of movies and TV shows. The new Star Trek series continue to impress me. The Marvel shows have been solid. Really looking forward to seeing what they both pull off this year.


Goals

Continue to be a good father, husband, and friend. Try to read a little more. Stress a little less. Maybe work on my freehand painting, and do more basing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.