Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Countdown to Infinity War: Black Panther

So because I got a free movie ticket for my birthday, I went and caught Black Panther again in the theater Sunday morning, since it doesn't come out on DVD till after Infinity War comes out. Amazingly, the theater, even at 9:45am on a Sunday was still around 1/3 full. Granted, it's a smaller theater overall, but I was still surprised. On top of that, the 2 and 6 showings were sold out. Guess I wasn't the only one trying to get my Countdown done...



Now, it's been only 2 months since I last watched it (and reviewed it here) and I'm not sure I have a whole lot else to say about it.

I do want to talk about seeing the movie though. This time, in a half empty theater, was a radically different experience than my first viewing in a fully packed theater. For one thing there was significantly less talking, laughing, and audible reacting to the movie. I'm usually one who enjoys seeing a movie without the peanut gallery making it hard to focus on what's going on on the screen. But it felt so right the first time I saw BP that the lack of it this time felt... wrong.

Aside from that, I still loved the movie, and can't wait to see it again when it finally comes out on DVD.

Next Up: Avengers: Infinity War!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.