Thursday, August 11, 2016

Elsa & Anna Young Elementalists WIP

With the death of my necromancers, I've been on the hunt for a new wizard and apprentice for my Frostgrave warband. I picked up the Young Fire Elementalists blister from North Star a while ago, and figured that they'd be quick and easy to get on the board. I was mostly right. So far, painting them has been pretty easy, but I always overestimate my painting speed.











Elsa's dress and cape are both base coated with Reaper Aircraft Grey. The dress then had a 1:1 mix of Neon Blue and Aircraft Grey. Then that was mixed with a teeny tiny drop of GW green wash.

The cape was washed with Aircraft Grey mixed with an tiny drop of GW's purple wash.

The skin is Pale Flesh, with a mix of Pale Flesh and Rose Red for her cheeks. GW purple ink was used as eye shadow. Highlights were done with a 1:1 Pale Flesh and White mix.

Elsa's hair started with a base of Pale Flesh, washed with Sepia, then topped Sun Yellow followed by a with a 1:1 mix of Sun Yellow and White.

Her dress still needs a little bit of highlighting, and I'm not sure what exactly I want to do with the base, but I want to make it more interesting than just flagstones and snow.  



Meanwhile Anna was base coated in Vallejo Red Leather. Pale flesh was again used for the flesh. The eyes are Grass Green. the bodice was painted with Grey Liner, the skirt with Sapphire Blue, and the fur around the edge of her cloak is Aircraft Grey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.