Saturday, September 7, 2013

30 Day Challenge: Day 7 - Favorite Edition Rules Cyclopedia


If you've read my blog for any length of time it's clear that my favorite edition is the Rules Cyclopedia. I'm pretty sure that I've written on this topic before, but I don't think I've ever done it as a standalone post. It's always been a part of other topics.



The Rules Cyclopedia is where I started, and when I run flailsnails games, it's what I tend to run behind the screen, whatever else is going on. It's the edition that I design for, it's the edition my flailsnails characters are based on.

I've read and/or played every edition of D&D, and many of the clones, but the Rules Cyclopedia just has everything I could want all in one place. Within the 300 pages it's got everything I need to take characters from 1st level to 36th level, and then to become immortals. There's domain rules, castle building rules, mass combat, naval combat, monsters, magic items, and a sketch of The Known World of Mystara... It's everything you need to run countless campaigns, and for everything I've created, every monster, every rule, every magic item, it's all unnecessary. Fun, sometimes interesting, but not needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.