Monday, September 2, 2013

30 Day Challenge - Day 2

What's your favorite playable race?

During my Rules Cyclopedia days I tended to play humans, mostly. Sometimes for flavor I'd say there was an elf a couple of generations back. I also got to flex my claws as a Rakasta a few times.

Once I moved onto 2e, it was half elves and elves almost all the time. I never got to play much 3.x, but the elf trend continued.


Now that I'm back to playing old school, it's back to humans mostly.

So what is it about the elf thing? Mostly the magic. Swords, spells, near immortality all in one body. The idea that while humans might have the drive to do wild and reckless things, making them go faster and faster, elves can spend decades perfecting a single aspect of their art. That always appealed to me.

1 comment:

  1. I am mostly humans as well with the occasional half-elf. So I get where you are coming from.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.