Friday, June 8, 2012

Toys for the Sandbox #23 & Special Deal & Contest!

While I have only picked up a couple of issues of Toys for the Sandbox, I have always been pleased by the quality of the content. This newest issue entitled “The Pirate Island” is a larger 10 pages and introduces a new setting for DMs to play with. You’ll be shocked to know that the new setting is a pirate island, and this island has lots going on, and you can do all sorts of things with it. Want to have a pirate war? How about a struggle for control of the island? Want to work for the forces of law and try to take down the pirates? Or maybe you want to bust a captured pirate captain out of jail so he can again take command of his ship? It's all here...



So what do you get in 10 pages?
1 island setting, complete with historical background & description of the island itself
6 plots with 3 twists each
4 fully fleshed out NPCs
3 new magic items
1 rumor chart
1 random encounters chart
1 full page, full color island map

All of this for the usual price of $1.99!

The price? That's not the special deal.

Today only, Occult Moon Games is holding a sales drive for the newest issue of Toys for the Sandbox. For every 100 copies of this issue that sell in the first 24 hours, they will permanently make one back issue of Toys for the Sandbox free, starting with issue 1. If they sell 600 (and we get issues 1-6 for free) there's an additional bonus: They'll do a brand new free issue.

And yes, I got my review copy for free, but you know what? I'm going to buy a copy for one random person who leaves me a comment before 7pm tonight. Already bought a copy? Well, now you can buy issue 24 when it comes out.

5 comments:

  1. I'll queue up the Pirates of the Caribbean music and hope I win. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words. (I can't win, I publish the thing. :P )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tenkar of the eponymous Tavern bought me one of these (the Lost City) as a prize for his AD&D 2e trivia game. It was awesome.

    I wouldn't mind having another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Via random selection, you win! Drop me a line to let me know where to send it.

      Cheers and congrats!

      Delete
  4. I already bought my copy. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.