Friday, April 23, 2010

D&D money - silver standard

I was reading the Delta's D&D Hotspot's post On Money and I was curious if anyone had switched to a silver standard for their games, and if so did they simply make everything that is listed in N gold pieces now cost N silver pieces?  The equipment list in the Rules Cyclopedia looks like it would handle that conversion pretty well.  Also I like Delta's idea of making 4 copper pieces to 1 silver, as opposed to the 10:1 ratio that it usually is.  I can't count the number of times that a huge pile of copper is left behind simply because it isn't worth carrying. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm definately for the silver standard in my game. I like having gold be a something a bit rare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *raises hand*

    I've long ground my teeth at the idea of silver being little more than chump change in fantasy.

    Silver standard IMGs; gold is the big score.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My campaigns as well. I want characters to go "Wow, they are willing to pay in gold!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. The silver standard looks pretty appealing.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.