Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Oct ‘23 In Review

It’s been a very soggy month, with 3 summer-like days near the end, and then cold for Halloween. At least it was dry for the kid’s birthday party and also for Halloween itself. It was cold, and we had fewer kids than last year, but I still enjoyed sitting outside in costume with the fire pit and a pumpkin beer. 

 
Gaming
Last month’s attempt at scenario 2 of Stargrave Hope Eternal didn’t go well… Early this month I reset, and tried again, with better results. I was able to rescue the prisoner, and get most of my figures off the board. I had to take a little liberty with the scenario as written, because the grav-sled crew got taken out, and it just drifted away. I decided that the figures on the train would jump, and rolled on the chart as if they were taken out in combat.

I started playing in a Savage Worlds superhero game, but playing the villains. The campaign is called “Necessary Evil” and we’re 2 sessions in. I haven’t actually read Savage Worlds yet, so some of the mechanics are still a little vague to me, but I’m picking it up.

Stonehell has the players assaulting the Dwarven Hermitage. Not sure where they’re going to go after, or how they’re going to deal with the Gloom Crown. They pledged to give it to their Vrilyian patron, but it would be a majorly campaign altering decision if they do. I kinda hope they do. They’re currently holed up, hoping to recover some spells, but they aren’t going to get the chance without interruptions.

Miniatures
Not a big month for completing minis. I did paint up another 3 walls and another missile silo for the terrain set. Only 2 more pieces to finish to wrap up the New Eden terrain. I also painted up a Saryad, Dryad, and 2 vinelings from Freeblade as part of my “paint something other than Reaper minis” urge. And because of course I was still gonna paint some reaper minis, I painted up an ax wielding henchman and a Weird West Oz Scarecrow. 

 

That’s what I got done. What I started includes a big red dragon and a lich lord on a throne. We’ll see how quickly and how well I can get them wrapped up. I just finished some green stuff gap filling that they needed, and took the opportunity to sculpt a new arm for a dire badger and some eyes for a carrion crawler, as well as making 5 little worm monsters. They still need teeth. 

I also took advantage of the last of the summer-like days to get some priming in before the cold and rain moved in

Media
Star Trek Lower Decks Season 4
Ahsoka
Poison
Loki
Friday the 13th
Friday the 13th Part 2
Wallace & Gromit Curse of the Were-Rabbit
The Lost Boys


Goals for Nov
Play scenario 3 for Hope Eternal
Try to get at least 2 session reports written per week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.