Wednesday, March 1, 2023

February ‘23 In Review

Amazingly, I didn't get sick this month I came down with a stomach bug right at the end of the month. 

Damnit. 

In spite of that, I did a decent job of hitting my goals. I painted a bunch of minis, kept up with my Dungeon23, wrote session reports, and almost managed to squeeze in that game of Stargrave right at the end of the month, getting as far as setting up the board the night before I got sick. 

Gaming
A few skipped sessions this month due to various scheduling conflicts. Trooping around Rappan Athuk hasn’t proved particularly profitable. I find myself wondering if either we’re just missing the treasure, or if the treasure to be found is a little lite. I’ve been reading another of the books that’s set in the same universe as Rappan Athuk, and I find myself thinking the treasure in it is a little lite too, so maybe it’s a Swords and Wizardry thing? Or a Frog God Games thing... 

Miniatures
I find myself asking myself why I decided to paint yellow and black checkered cloth on my bandits. I know the reason (Stonehell) but I could have made myself an easier fabric to use to tie all my bandit types together. I had hoped to get to work on some Frostgrave barbarians, but somewhere in the middle of the month I ran out of energy in the evenings and went a full week without picking up a paintbrush.




For next month, I’ve got all my RCL minis picked out, and even have a start on a good number of them! Not as big a start as I’d hoped, but such is life




Media
Bad Batch
Ghosts
Doctor Who (NuWho Season 7)
Star Trek Discovery (season 1 rewatch)
Star Trek Picard
The Last of Us
Derry Girls 


Goals for March
Continue #Dungeon23
Keep up with the session reports
Play the next scenario for Stargrave
Finish (start) taxes




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.