Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Hobby Tray Upgrade

For a couple years now I've been using this tray to do all my hobbying on. The edge was always kind of annoying, but I draped it with a couple of washcloths/hand towels to rest my wrists on. It wasn't the most comfortable, but it worked. The major downside was the fact that they weren't at all secure, and I'd find myself having to fix their placement pretty often. 

For a while now I've been debating what to do about it... then I got a new couch cover, and it came with these foam pieces that I guess are supposed to be stuffed in to help keep the cover in place. 

But I decided they'd be better used on my tray. So I slit them down the middle, and stuffed them over the edge of the tray. They didn't want to stay put either, so I pulled out the hot glue gun, and...


and now it's way more comfortable. We'll see how well they last over the long term. And at my wife's suggestion, I added the foam to both long edges of the tray, so even when one side starts to fall apart, I can now just turn the tray around! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.