Wednesday, April 1, 2020

March in Review: Pandemic Edition

So a global pandemic has an impressive way of derailing things, doesn't it? I suppose the biggest changes are that I'm working from home on a shortened schedule, and the CPA exam was canceled. As you can imagine, this has created some extra time in my schedule, and because I wasn't doing a great job of handling the stress of the exam on top of everything else going on, I've hit pause on my studies. To that end, I've actually gotten in some hobby time.

Gaming
Thankfully Stonehell has been a virtual game since I moved to NYC, so things have continued there. I'm behind on my session reports, and we've added an extra session for the duration of the pandemic. Plus some of the players who dropped out because of life, suddenly find themselves with free time, and have rejoined! That's right, Karl and Kili are back!

Expect a bunch of session reports this upcoming month!

Miniatures
Oh, there have been some minis painted! Rats, witches, plague doctors, and a ranger of shadow deep! And more coming... I need to write up posts on them. Part one on the witches is already up.

Aside from them, I just got on what's up for the project after next.

That's right, I ordered some 3D printed ships for Battlefleet Gothic!

But before I get to them, I'm going to be working on converting Kornovik the Outcast from Frostgrave Forgotten Pacts.

I don't have this mini, so I'm making him!

Media
TV/Movies

Star Trek Picard just wrapped up season 1, and it was GOOD! I'm very happy with it. It wasn't perfect, and I have a few quibbles, but overall I'm happy.
The Winners - a chinese movie about a bank robbery. Very funny and sweet.

Music
Delta Rae released The Light, which just charted at #45 on the Billboard alternative chart. Definitely worth the listen, especially when things seem so dark.
Dropkick Murphys did a livestream concert on St. Patrick's Day - Streaming Up From Boston.

Goals
Survive the global pandemic
Post more
Convert and paint Kornovik
Work on my new BFG ships.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.