Saturday, September 7, 2019

ReaperCon 2019

ReaperCon 2019 is over... And here's how it went.

First, cookies for the folks I was carpooling with from the airport to the convention center. Dark Chocolate Chip cookies... so good...


Wednesday night was the Pizza Dungeon and an open bar. And at least on this first night, they had a decent beer.

After that, it was playing some Stonehell into the wee hours of the night.

The next morning it was back to the great hall for shopping, hobbying, arcade games and ribbon collecting.

And acquiring rare paints! I finally got a bottle of Drow Nipple Pink!

The classes I took were great. This is from Painting expressive faces. I've actually taken this before, but I wanted the refresher, and some new tips. We'll see if it helps.

This is from the dragon class on the other side of the room.

And cause paint water is gross...


There was a fair bit of alcohol to be had after hours.

And a Texas breakfast every morning.

But, really, the alcohol...


My entries in the painters competition. I won bronze again...




While I was running Stonehell late into the night, another group of crazy people painted gummy bears.

It was all her idea...

The artist's alley was great, not just for the stuff they were showing off, but also because they're all so friendly and helpful!

Playing with greenstuff and base stamps.

I won a raffle!!

Ate some fancy caramel candy

And came home with a lot of loot.

And my ribbons collecting was impressive...

But then it was time to go home. All in all I had a fantastic time. The con keeps getting bigger, but also still feels like a small-ish con. Can't wait for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.