Monday, October 2, 2017

September in Review

Gaming
Let's start with a reminder that this is Read and RPG Book In Public Week! I'll be reading some DCC adventure modules on the subway all week.

RPG-wise my 5e game continues along. I haven't been writing much about it, but it's a fun, fly by the seat of my pants game. I almost never do any prep, and usually come up with whatever I'm going to do on the walk to the store. As we had one week with half the players missing, I ran Tales from the Floating Vagabond, which was a blast. Definitely gonna pull that out again any time we've got people missing.

Stonehell is getting interesting. I've got a session or two to write up, but at this point it's mostly a running battle with the Hobgoblin army. Still bummed that they took out the demon before it got a chance to do anything. That story has been circulated around Kobold Korners (and therefor throughout the rest of the dungeon) faster than just about any news since... well, maybe since it stopped being a prison.

Painting/Hobbying
With less than a month till reapercon, hell, a mere 17 days... I am woefully behind where I want to be. At this point I have the two torch bearing figures both at about 95%. The barbarian and the pregnant lady have their base colors done. Thankfully I have a couple of weekends to go with nothing scheduled but working on the diorama, plus Columbus day.

There's a chance...

I also painted up the great cat from the Animal Companions pack, and have the bird close to done. I've been using them as a was to paint something quick and fun when I can't bare to look at the diorama. I also have the bird, bat, and cat from the familiars pack lined up and ready to go for the same reason. Look for that post later this week.

So the goal for October is simply: FINISH THE DIORAMA!!! (and then enjoy ReaperCon)

Reading
I finished 3 books this month.
Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman - Loved it!
The Woman Who Breathed Two Worlds (Malayan #1) by Selina Siak - Interesting book. Worth checking out, and glad it was on my kindle.
The Death of the Necromancer (Ile-Rien, #2) by Martha Wells - Couldn't tell this was a book #2. Interesting Count of Monte Cristo/Sherlock Holmes blend with magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.