Friday, November 11, 2016

#3MMRPC Catching up? HA!

Okay, so I'm failing pretty miserably at the challenge. My last update was a month ago, which makes this week 7? 8? Anyway, I've actually managed to get a little painting done in that time. I finished Nathavarr and earned Bronze for him at ReaperCon. And while at the con I also painted up a CAV mech.

However, since I acquired him at the Con, that didn't reduce my mountain any...

After the con, around Halloween, I decided that I needed to try to do something thematic with the season, so I painted up Judas Bloodspire and a ghast from Bones I.

Given that they were both painted very quickly (for me at least) I'm really pleased with how they came out. I even managed to put a bit of what I learned in the expressive faces and eyes to use with Judas here. Not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm pleased.




The ghast was actually just a paint catcher for a long while. Anytime I had red or purple on my pallet leftover, it got slapped onto this guy. I finally finished base coating him, and then just brought the color up using the vampire skin triad mixed with the imperial purple I used on the cloak above.

My current projects are statues for the Frostgrave temple I'm building.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.