Thursday, November 6, 2014

Constantine - Are you watching it?

Short post to say that the new TV show Constantine, based on the comic is (at least after 2 episodes) pretty solid! It's got the darkness that's appropriate for a series dealing with demons, but manages to avoid the oppressive GRIMDARK that seems to plague to much of the DC-verse.


I wasn't a huge fan of the comic, but I read some of it... over a decade ago. So my memory isn't fresh, but from what I remember, they're capturing the spirit of the character at least.

Have you watched it yet? What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I think it is great. This is obviously a toned down version of Hellblazer Constantine as opposed to the new Justice League Dark one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed what we have seen so far. If they can keep up the current mix of magic, mystery and humor, it should be great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the first episode and enjoyed it. They managed to stay very true to the comics, at least as far as the character goes. But I've seen that far to often butchered by some bad writing to invest too much hope into it just yet. It certainly has the potential to be good entertainment, though.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.