Monday, August 23, 2010

What does your game world look like?

I must admit that most of the time when I imagine my game world, I usually picture Northern Europe/New England with a bit of New Zealand thrown in for good measure.  This is due, in large part, to the fact that I've spent most of my life in the northeastern USA.  It's what I see every day.  Well today we're going to look at some other scenery.

The Outback

South Africa

Brazil


American Southwest

Madagascar


Morocco

Tunisia


Chile

Antarctica

4 comments:

  1. Much of Carcosa's actual land looks like the original cover of the AD&D Deities & Demigods Cyclopedia.

    The human civilizations have a lot of similarities to the more unsavory aspects of pre-Columbian Mesoamerican and South American civilizations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I travel fairly often. Whenever I go somewhere new and interesting, I always wonder where in my campain world I could picture that place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The area of my campaign world that I'm working on right now is like a combination of stereotypical Wild West boomtown scenery combined with the Valley of the Kings in Raiders of the Lost Ark. Which is basically what it is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jamie~ Sounds like a fun place for your players!

    @Welleran~ Sadly I haven't traveled as much as I'd like, but any time I do, I do the same thing.

    @Geoffrey~ I haven't ever done nearly enough with Mesoamerican or South American civilizations in my worlds.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.