Thursday, August 6, 2026

July ‘26 In Review

Starting the month with 100 degree days certainly is a miserable way to kick things off. On the upside, the Dungeon Dwellers RPG kickstarter arrived. Nice big box of new minis to paint and rules to read! Did I actually do any of that? A little. I started reading the campaign guide. I decided to delve into the Painted Wastelands Empire of Bones first, since that arrived last month. As for the minis? Well, they ended up getting checked and then repacked and added to my pile of potential. 

July 4th brought the usual fireworks around the neighborhood. It was otherwise a rather uneventful month. I planted some pumpkin seeds and I’ve got 3 plants that were coming along well. I hope I can get a few pumpkins from them.  2 are still going strong, bur one got damanged on the main stem and it looks like I'm going to lose the whole plant. 


Miniatures
I finished building the main body of the cardboard transport ship, and then paused. I’m trying to decide if I should build the roof of it or get to painting? I’m still unsure, but at this point leaning toward making the roof. 

But it was the middle of the month before I seriously got around to doing much painting, but once I did, I plowed through a trio of Noble Armada ships, a pirate, and a whole cartload of orcs (mostly done)! I experimented a bit with painting the orcs without priming. The paint takes to the 3d printed minis just fine, but color matching against the orcs I’d already painted was a pain, and I ended up going back and using brown liner on the rest. 



Gaming
Summer doldrums, and no work games. I’m really looking forward to getting back to Dolmenwood. 

We wrapped up the beetleknight game, and are back to Stonehell. The party is looking for a way to destroy the Gloom Crown, and think they might have the answer. Of course along the way they stumbled upon some dwarves and kobolds fighting over some cursed silver… 


Media 
Resident Alien season 4
DS9 season 6 rewatch
Letterkenny

Books
Second Suns
Broken Stars
Storm & Quill

Loot
Dungeon Dwellers RPG
4 Alternity books (my collection is almost complete)


Goals for August
Finish the cardboard transport ship





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.