Star Number & Type: 1 - G V (main sequence yellow)
Planet Number & Type: 3 - H, J, J
Inhabitants: Alcorians - Cyborg Humanoids
Alcor III is home to an advanced civilization of cybernetically enhanced humanoids. They are especially interested in advancing computer technology, to the exclusion (as a civilization) of all else. While not xenophobic, they are (at best) disinterested in their stellar neighbors, or in exploration of the physical realm. The world is run by several large and numerous small Hive-Corps. Every Alcorian is employed by one of the Hive-Corps. Corporate espionage runs rampant.
The surface area of the planet is dominated by a single large continent with numerous overdeveloped mega-urban centers that strongly resemble Neo-Tokyo. Neon, flashing lights, holographic advertisements, and numerous broadcast signals will bombard anyone walking the streets. Outside of the mega-urban centers the planet is farmed with large industrial ag-bots, or completely undeveloped.
- At least one of the Hive-Corps will attempt to access the PC’s ship’s computer. This may involve a boarding action by cyber-ninjas.
- Anyone treated for injury on the planet’s surface will find themselves with a new cybernetic enhancement. And a new job as a member of that hospital’s Hive-Corp.
- A splinter group of Alcorians want to leave the planet and hire on with the players. The Hive-Corp that owns their contracts aren’t interested in letting them go.
- The PCs will receive an offer from a Hive-Corp to upgrade their computer with a much more powerful model. It’s actually an advanced AI, and completely insane (of course).
- One of the moons of the outer jovian is used by a Hive-Corp as a data backup center. For the last week the backups have failed, and the team sent to investigate went silent as soon as it arrived. It may turn out that it’s actually someone elses data backup center, and the Hive-Corp that contacted the PCs is using them to break into someone else’s data center!