Then Frostgrave hit the scene. It it seemed to scratch the same fantasy urban skirmish itch that Mordheim did, and I started paying attention. And when the reviews were really positive, and it was noted that you can use whatever minis you want... well, that was enough to make me want to check out the rules. So I got the book. And I was impressed.
So when David Drage over at Iron Mammoth's Studio posted up the list of required terrain for Frostgrave, I thought "there's my $25 terrain project!"
The list of needed terrain items is:
- Square Mausoleum Building, 6" per side with a door in each wall.
- Ruined Wizards Tower - at least 10" high with three floors. This tower must have a building either side of it with a bridge or ladder allowing access to the upper stories.
- 6 Statues in a 12" square ruin.
- Haunted Houses - Six small stone monks huts with no roof.
- A Well or Fountain.
- Four 2" diameter discs to act as teleport points.
- 6 Columns or ruined columns.
- Underground Library- The table must be covered in multiple decaying book shelves and rubble. There should be a door or entrance point on each of the four sides of the table.
- Plus enough scatter terrain to cover the board
Baseline rules for this project. I'm going to say that none of the basic tools I have on hand, or the glue, paint, and and the occasional random item in my bits box count against the $25.
What's an occasional random item? I don't know yet specifically, but it probably won't be something significant to the project. Paper, thin cardboard, a few pieces of dry pasta, maybe a plastic spoon... We'll find out as the project progresses.**
*Seriously, like years...
**If you're on G+, you know that it's already started!