Saturday, February 22, 2014

D&D 40th Anniversary Blog Hop (post 4/4)

Day 22: First D&D-based novel you ever read (Dragonlance trilogy, Realms novels, etc.)
One of the Dragonlance short story compilations - Kender, Gully Dwarves, and Gnomes:Tales volume 2. The one with the three women in fur bikinis on the cover. I have no idea what story the cover referenced, but I do remember one about a dagger, which I thought was really cool.

Day 23: First song that comes to mind that you associate with D&D . Why?
Roll a D6, for obvious reasons.



Day 24: First movie that comes to mind that you associate with D&D. Why?
The Sinbad movies. A crew of adventurers on quests is pretty much exactly how I imagine it.

Day 25: Longest running campaign/gaming group you've been in.
My high school group ran for 4 years, but lots and lots of campaigns. My longest campaign was probably my first 3.0 campaign.

Day 26: Do you still game with the group that introduced you to the hobby?
No, I’m not in touch with anyone from elementary school anymore.

Day 27: If you had to do it all over again, would you do anything different when you first
started gaming?
I’d take it less seriously, and remember that it’s a game, and that it’s ok just to have fun. It doesn’t all have to be epic adventures.

Day 28: What's the single most important lesson you've learned from playing D&D?
Players will screw with their DMs in any game. Learning how to roll with it is the only thing you can do.


Big thanks to Stelios V. Perdios of d20 Dark Ages for hosting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.