Saturday, February 1, 2014

D&D 40th Anniversary Blog Hop (post 1/4)

I know this D&D 40th Anniversary Blog Hop, hosted by d20 Dark Ages, is supposed to be a daily thing, but I'm going to split it into a mere 4 posts, which will go up every Saturday in February. Enjoy!



Day 1: First person who introduced you to D&D . Which edition? Your first character? My mom played D&D with a group when I was little. I didn’t play with them, but I remember looking at the books, and being enthralled. She later got me HeroQuest, and then the black box D&D starter set. My first character was a fighter from the intro adventure.

Day 2: First person who you introduced to D&D. Which edition? Their first character?
I introduced D&D to Mike, who I played the intro adventures with. I think his first character was the same intro fighter I played.

Day 3: First dungeon you explored as a player-character or ran as a DM.
The intro dungeon from the black box.

Day 4: First dragon your character slew (or some other powerful monster).
The first big bad that I slew was a vampire. I don’t know that I’ve ever actually gone up against a dragon…

Day 5: First character to go from 1st level to the highest level possible in a given edition. (Or what's the highest level character you've ever ran?)
Greywolf the Archmage. Total monty haul character.

Day 6: First character death. How did you handle it?
That same intro adventure set I’m sure killed off a character or two. I’m pretty sure we just rewound the clock, and kept going.

Day 7: First D&D product you ever bought. Do you still have it?
The first D&D product I ever bought was a dragon magazine. I don’t have it anymore, at least not physically. I do have a PDF of it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.