Saturday, February 15, 2014

D&D 40th Anniversary Blog Hop (post 3/4)

Day 15: What was the first edition of D&D you didn't enjoy? Why?
2nd edition was the second version of D&D that I played, and for a long time I loved it, but by the end it was just so bloated that I stopped enjoying it, and didn’t pick up dice again till 3.0.

Day 16: Did you remember your first Edition War? Did you win? ;)
From nearly the beginning I was a big proponent of 3.0, and got into many a conversation about its merits over 2e. I sold lots of copies, so I’d say, yes, I think I did win.

Day 17: First time you heard that D&D was somehow "evil."
It was never a thing that I really ran into, just something that happened during the “dark times” that I managed to miss.

Day 18: First gaming convention you ever attended.
I have yet to attend a gaming convention, though I’ve been to a number of cons that included gaming. The first one was probably CastleCon (which doesn’t exist anymore).

Day 19: First gamer who just annoyed the hell out of you.
The first? No idea. After working for years at a comic shop there were too many to count in so many different ways.

Day 20: First non-D&D RPG you played.
West End Games’ Star Wars. Only got to play it a few times, and then it was the White Wolf games all the way.

Day 21 : First time you sold some of your D&D books--for whatever reason.
I got rid of a bunch of 2e stuff a few years ago. Aside from that, I’ve held on to everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.