Monday, August 20, 2012

Ice Paraelemental

I took some time this weekend to get back to one of my favorite aspects of the gaming hobby: painting minis.

I decided to tackle a mini that has been mocking me with it's poor design. The old Wizards of the Coast Ice Paraelemental from the chainmail game. A tall and thin mini with really skinny arms that don't connect to the body except for a very small spot. It isn't even a socket, just a dimple.


Here it is from Saturday night, finally assembled, and base coated with dark blue. I probably should have primed it, but I didn't...



These are a few WiP cell phone pics. You can also see in the background some of the reaper bones kobolds I did in the background.





Still need to finish the base and apply a clear coat, but I'm happy with it. Anyone know a good way to do snow on a mini base?

1 comment:

  1. I bought some flocking at Hobby Lobby that purports to be snow. Haven't tried it yet, but it looks promising.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.