Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Gnip & Copperbeard

"Which way?" a nasally voice drifted down the dwarven tunnel.

"To the right... I think" replied a gravely baritone.

"You think?" came the incredulous reply "this is a dawrven vault isn't it?"

"It is."

"And you procured the map from your mothers own personal treasury?"

"I did."

"And the map not only was from the time this vault was constructed, but was in fact a part of the original construction notes of its building?"

"That's correct."

"In that case I must ask; why do you, a noble heir to an ancient dwarven line, in possession of an accurate map of an equally ancient dwarven vault, not know if we should turn right?"

"Because my sweat has caused the ink to run and I can no longer read the map."

"Meaning?"

"We're lost."



Gnip
3rd level goblin warrior

Copperbeard
2nd level dwarf


These two came free with a White Dwarf magazine as part of the release of the 6th edition Battle for Skull Pass intro box set. It only took me 6 years to get around to painting them... The only reason that I can figure that these two were sent all around the world together as part of the release is because they're actually friends, even though none of their respective clans would approve.

1 comment:

  1. "We're lost."

    Beautiful.
    And I think I have these guys somewhere. They ring a bell....

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.