Saturday, February 18, 2012

Keyring

"Allow me" Rathgar offered as he reached for the door handle.

"Very well." The lady said with a slight smile.

Rathgar's hand strained to turn the handle to open the door. "It, ahh... seems to be stuck." He said as he attempted again.

"Please... allow me." she said. Rathgar stepped back, allowing her dainty hand to press ever so softly upon the handle. The door opened with a click. "It's locked with an enchantment, but I wanted to see if it was really strong enough to hold. I hope you'll forgive me."

"I'd forgive you anything." Rathgar replied quietly, his eyes slightly downcast, and looking at the rings upon her fingers.

"Then come, and let me show you something even more magical..."



Keyring

This magical ring will allow entry to any locked door that it has been keyed to. Keying the ring to a lock requires a ritual, and the ability to open the lock in the first place.

2 comments:

  1. Can it be keyed to multiple locks? What will cause the ring to "unkey" to a lock?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely allow it to be keyed to multiple locks. To unkey it? Either change the lock or destroy the ring. It would suck to have a master keyring stolen...

      Delete

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.