Monday, June 11, 2018

My Favorite Toy (part 1)

Do you remember being a kid, and having that one favorite toy that you played with constantly? Well, mine currently happens to be the Happy Seppuku Temple Courtyard base stamp. I find myself pulling it out to use even for things that it isn't really appropriate for. For example, I've got this giant Dire Boar from the old (2001? 2002?) Chainmail line that was on a little tiny base, and I figured I'd put it on something more appropriate for its size. And since I was stamping a few other bases... well, I mixed up some more greenstuff and...



In retrospect, this is silly. Not *everything* needs the Temple Courtyard base. In fact some things should have something else completely. So instead this base is going to be set aside for use with an old Mordheim Ogre Mercenary. It's a great sculpt, and I've been wanting to paint him up.

At least I didn't use the stamp for the Blightfang or the Goroloth...

And, I've certainly gotten my $5 worth out of it!

In the meantime, I'm going to put the pig on an oval base since I have a shit ton of them and haven't used one yet. And rather than use the stamp, I'll just go with a more natural style of base. Just some rocks, flock, and rough cover. I'm thinking something close to what I used for Blightfang. Since I mostly cut off the tab (and the oval bases don't have tab slots anyway) I still used some green stuff on the base to give the pig's tabs something to sit in. And I even sculpted in a hoof-print! We'll see if that'll be at all noticeable once I get it all painted and flocked.

Of course this also kind of makes me want to pull out more of my Ghost Archipelago minis, and use the warped plank base stamp on them. And I still want to get one of the sci-fi stamps... If I keep this up, I'm going to need to order more greenstuff sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.