Friday, April 2, 2010

Build me an army worthy of.... Gondor?

Going though my miniature collection last night, I realized that I probably don't have enough Isengard to fill 1,000 points.  If I managed to get all my warg riders painted (another dozen or so) I'd still be short by about 200 points, and that's using 3 characters and a captain. 

Seeing as I don't have time to time to paint a dozen warg riders plus an additional 200 points that I don't have, I need another option. 

The other force that I have a lot of figures for is Gondor.  I've got 16 knights, including a standard bearer, warriors, rangers, and characters.  I'm still about 100 points short, and I need to paint a couple more ranger and knights, but it's a lot less than the warg riders!  If I add Boromir, or a captain and standard bearer I'll be able to fill up my points pretty easily.  The captain and standard bearer would add a solid boost to the warriors.  Boromir on the other hand would be a monster, and a major boost to the knights, especially with his banner.  Considering that Boromir would be 230 points, he'd probably be the last thing added to my force. 


Captain of Minas Tirith

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. I'm in awe. Nice detailing on the White Tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Mostly it's just overbrushing and then going back with black and cleaning up any stray brush marks.

    ReplyDelete