Monday, October 1, 2018

September in Review

This was a busy and eventful month! Good news is that I passed the courses I was taking, and can now move on to studying for the CPA again. On top of that I got to spend time with family, see an old friend, saw a great broadway show, and played some D&D.

Onto the update!

Gaming

Still no miniature gaming, but Stonehell and Storm King’s Thunder are both a lot of fun in their own ways. It’s interesting being a player, and getting to see my DM in action. It’s even better that she is working to improve her game, and we’ve had some really good discussions about DMing.

Stonehell got interesting, as the party ended up split, and one group is lost, hurt, and doesn’t know how to find the other group, while the main group doesn’t even know they’re missing yet! It’s glorious!!

I also ran D&D for my nieces and nephews again. They burned down a goblin fortress! Gonna have to add some more debate to the games I think.

Miniatures
Because of my classes, there wasn’t a lot of quality painting going on, but I did finish the crypt and fences, as well as managing to knock out a dozen tombstones & grave markers. They’re even based! (post on those later this week). I also speed painted a trio of giants. They aren’t done, but are table ready. I also poked a bit at my Dancing Girl/Genie, and at this point I think I’m going to have to wrap her up. I’m not sure how to improve her without seriously risking ruining what I’ve done. It might be time to take my lessons learned and move on.

Media
Books
The Armored Saint Book 2 SO GOOD!

Movies/TV Watched
Crazy Rich Asians - Fun RomCom, great ensemble of actors.
Porko Rosso
Pom Poko - sweet, depressing…
Whisper of the Heart - I really enjoy the slice of live movies from Miyazaki.
Iron Fist Season 2 (episodes 1-4)
Supernatural - finished Season 10, started 11

Broadway
The Band’s Visit - incredibly sweet and touching

Goals
Finish the Dancing Girl/Genie
Paint some undead (skeletons, zombies. and mummies)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.