Officially the 6 Month Miniature Mountain Reduction and Painting Contest began Monday. I got started a little early with the first part of the dragon project over the weekend by using my airbrush to base coat Ebonwrath.
I had a little extra paint in the jar, so I added a few other minis to use it up.
I've had the airbrush for years, but only pulled it out of the box a little while ago, and honestly was baffled at how to work it. My first attempt failed miserably, resulting in lots of bubbles, a bit of a mess, and a lot of wasted paint. After going and watching a bunch of YouTube videos, I tried it again, with much greater success!!
The airbrush is going to be incredibly useful in getting the base coats on the dragons and the terrain bits, if only for the incredible speed! Now it isn't a fancy airbrush, my Mighty Mini, but it seems to get the job done. I'm looking forward to playing with it some more and seeing if I can't do even more interesting things with it (Tau battlefleet, I'm looking at you!).
And the current state of Ebonwrath: wings and underside - dark angels green. everything else, nightmare black.
Reaper's Bones 3 Kickstarter has been pushed back from June 8 to July 7!