Monday, July 4, 2011

X-Men 1st Class - Supers Game?

Last night Virginia and I went out to see X-Men First Class. It was really well done, and I'm looking forward to seeing it again. However, I got to thinking about running a superhero game. Granted, I don't have enough time to play all the games I want to as it is, but I've never played a superhero game! There are a lot out there to choose from, and I'd like your advice, which one should I check out?


I'd like to avoid d20 based games, as I'd like to read something new, not just a tweak of DnD rules.


So what are your suggestions? And what power levels do they handle? On a scale of Batman/Iron Man (low end) to Superman/Thor (godlike).

4 comments:

  1. How about ICONS? I've heard good things about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suggest you try my Kapow! Super RPG (currently beta, but we've been playing it for about 9 months now...) If you're interested I can send you a link to the PDF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superhero stories are usually driven by a hero's personal story and inner conflict, as much as they are by villains and world-wide threats. For this reason, I say for you to use the Strands of Fate RPG. That, by its very nature, helps bring out a game and campaign like any other RPG, but it also very easily incorporates a character's personal story of inner conflict and personal growth.

    [Insert shameless plug] Check out our intro into the game here: http://tinyurl.com/66ljeyu

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Simon - I've heard of it, but I don't really know about it.

    @Joshua - Send me the link!

    @Tourq - Good points, ans I'll definitely check out your game. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.