Monday, May 28, 2018

Reaper's Dancing Girl/Genie

Of all the various monsters in my collection, I don't have anything to represent a genie. And of the various minis out there that are sold as Jinn/Genies, I'm not super thrilled with any of them. So in my last Reaper order I added in one of the Dancing Girl minis, picturing her something more like Jeannie, rather than one of the more authentic portrayals of Jinn. The other reason I picked this particular sculpt is that I'll be getting another one in Bones with Bones 4, and I want to take that one and make her lower half smoke coming out of a lamp.



I still need to sculpt an appropriate lamp for both of them...

For now though, just need to get her painted. I was very inspired by the painted version on the webstore.



I decided to do something very similar. After washing her, and attaching her to a Reaper base, I added some ground cover, and then primed her with Reaper's brush on primer. I used Viper Green for the skirt and top, and Imperial Purple as the base for the scarves. Deciding that was too dark, I went back over it mixing in Breast Cancer Awareness Pink with the purple, and like that color better.





Her skin was based with Ebony Flesh, and I worked it up layer by layer with increasing amounts of Rich Leather. Her cheeks and lips have a bit of Old West Rose mixed in, and then I hit her elbows and nose with the same color. Her eyes and eye shadow are the same purple mix as the veils. I'm not entirely thrilled with the pupil placement, so I think I'm going to try to fix that next time I sit down.





My plan going forward is to bring up the skin color using the dark skin triad, with rich leather, maybe including some polished leather for the very brightest highlights? The skin tone I'm attempting to match is pretty much that of Lupita Nyong'o. We'll see if I can make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.