Monday, May 21, 2018

Flesh Golem & Harpy

These two minis were painted concurrently with Blightfang, and so used the same pallet of colors. Apparently my answer to “Painting Green Skin Is Hard and Looks Wrong” is to paint an orc-ton of green skinned things (though no actual orcs). Blightfang was easier, because leaf shaped scales are supposed to be green.















I originally went with Imperial Purple for the Harpy’s wings, but switched them over to Burgundy Wine when I pulled that color out for Blightfang. The Creature got to keep his Imperial Purple pants.



The eyes were painted with Linen White, with Walnut Brown for the iris. The creature’s teeth and nails were painted with Dirty Bone. I went back and forth on how to deal with the scars & stitches, and started by using Old West Rose mixed with the dragon green.

For the Harpy’s feathers I went with Rick Leather as the base, but for her claws I went with a drybrush of the Redstone Shadow and Walnut brown blend that I mixed in my well pallet.






Then it was time to get to the basing...



I still need to do the final cleanup of the base and clear coating them, but otherwise they're done!

Total Minis Painted in 2018: 35

No comments:

Post a Comment