Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Free RPG Day 2017 is almost here!

Saturday June 17th (that’s this Saturday) is Free RPG Day! Not only that, but it’s the 10th anniversary! I’m taking advantage of that to make my first trip to visit my FLGS The Brooklyn Strategist for the first time. It isn’t actually all that far from my house, just a 30 minute walk, but I just haven’t made it yet.

To find your participating FLGS, go to the Free RPG Day Retailor Locator.

If you’ve never been, most stores tend to run events, usually using the stuff that comes out for Free RPG Day. It’s a good chance to check out a new system or, to run something that’s new for someone else. While I usually haven’t had the opportunity to jump in on anything (arriving after the game sessions have already started, and not wanting to wait an hour or two for a seat to open up) I do love getting to see everyone enjoying something new.

As usual, the book I’m most looking forward to is the Lamentations of the Flame Princess release. Last year it was SLUGS! And this year it’s Vaginas are Magic.



Yeah, you read that correctly. Vaginas are Magic. I can only hope that it’s as insane and fun as SLUGS!



The Goodman Games give away this year is the quickstart rules for Dungeon Crawl Classics, which is a little sad, because I really love their various modules. Pathfinder is offering a Starfinder/Pathfinder bestiary. I’m kind of curious about that one…

1 comment:

  1. Vaginas are Magic is the book I'm most interested in. I helped crowdfund it so my copy is in the mail.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.