Saturday, July 4, 2015

#6MMRPC Week 5: All about the base

Work continued on the base for Ebonwrath, though not directly. Rather on the test base.
I added a Mage Knight dryad and some cork, and then used hot glue to make a border.


Add in some water effects... and wait.


But I also wanted to see what some ink added to the effects would do, so I made another little section, and tried that out.

Results:
Make sure that whatever you use to seal in the water effects actually seals. The smaller section leaked out under the glue. The larger section leaked a little bit.
From what I can tell the ink made it more murky. I like the effect.
If you catch it at the right time, a bit of brush work on the water effect can create texture.


A big chunk of time I'd planned on working on minis this week got sucked up by Comcast screwing up my internet. I did take advantage of some time spent on hold working on Darkrasp so it wasn't totally wasted... but I really wish that there was another internet provider option... 

1 comment:

  1. I think its good you are experimenting before doing the actual base, water effects seem to be unpredictable to me, though I am looking forward to experimenting with them myself. I hope your internet issues resolve soon.

    Happy Painting

    ReplyDelete