Wednesday, May 1, 2019

April in Review

Gaming
I am woefully behind on my session write ups, both for 5e and Stonehell, but I’m working on it…

In the 5e game, we’ve managed to survive the first encounter with Strahd and his 3 brides. We’ve met a werewolf, and are about to be swarmed by bandits.

Stonehell keeps chugging along. Things have taken an interesting and unexpected turn in the Hothouse... namely, it isn't burning.

The first session of Frostgrave ended up becoming a rules review and build session.


Miniatures
Bones IV arrived, which sucked up a week of time going through it all. However I did manage to wrap up the bugbears, and Elquin is just about done too. Both need some finishing touches, but other than that? They’re all good to go.

I started working on my first Bones IV mini, the Pathfinder Iconic Estra the Spiritualist. She wasn’t my first choice, but my DM asked for an old witchy figure, and that’s one area I’m kinda lacking in, so…

I think I’m going to work on the gnolls next. Like the bugbears they’re in need of some weapon swaps. Unfortunately their shields are attached to their arms, so more significant conversions are harder.

Beyond that, I’m going to wait for some inspiration to strike… or my DM to ask me for something.


Media

Books
I’ve plowed through Marko Kloos’s Frontlines series. Military sci-fi series that I really enjoyed. Blog post about it coming soon. Eventually.

Movies/TV Watched
Shazam
John Wick 2
Spiderman Into the SpiderVerse
Thor: Ragnarok (rewatch)
Avengers Infinity War (rewatch)
Avengers Endgame
Bright
10th Kingdom (sick day rewatch)


Goals
A lot more time is going to be given over to studying for the next 2 months, so keeping it low key. Catch up on actual play write ups, and put some paint on the gnolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.