Thursday, September 29, 2016

#3MMRPC Weeks 1 & 2

If you've been following the blog for a while, you know that I've participated in an online event known as the 6 Month Mountain Reduction and Painting Challenge hosted over at facebook, and have been mostly successful at it. Well, I apparently missed that a new round started up this month, though it's a 3 month challenge this time. Despite being a couple of weeks late, I'm sort of tossing my hat into the ring. Why only sort of? Because ReaperCon falls right in the middle of the challenge, and I know that I'll be picking up stuff there, so I'll fail at the first part of the challenge guaranteed.

Here are the rules...

The 3 Month Challenge runs from 15 Sept to 15 Dec.

1. No purchasing of new miniatures, EXCEPT if you use a joker. You get three jokers to use on a figure purchase. Could be a blister pack, an ebay bundle, or a single figure...you can't splurge. The only exception to this rule is if you need bitz or A FIGURE (Singular) to complete a unit/warband etc.

1.1 - There is an opportunity to "earn" additional jokers. If you complete an entire project (whole unit/army/warband etc.) with pictures of starting, WIP, and completion, you earn yourself a Joker.

2. Gifts do not count against you. Holidays, birthdays etc. Also, if you're given gift cards by your hobby illiterate family or friends, you can without penalty use them on anything you want miniatures wise.

3. Paints, terrain (or materials), and other hobby supplies do not apply to the no purchasing rule.

4. At least one hobby related blog post and/or Instagram update a week. If you instagram, be sure to hashtag your pic with #3MMRPC

5. Zombtober will be part of the 3 month challenge so, Zombie related stuff during October is ENCOURAGED. Other theme suggestions are welcomed.

And to show what I've been working on...

This week I've been blocking in the base colors for Warfare Wombat, treasure token, and Tetsu Ko.


Last week I painted up these teleport pads for my monthly Frostgrave game.

2 comments:

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.