In some ways I think he’s going to be the toughest dragon in my 3 dragon challenge. And not because painting a black dragon is particularly hard. No, what was the real challenge was the base. I’ve never used water effects like this before, and rather than start with something small, I decided to start with a CD base with a semi-submerged mini, where the water wasn’t nicely contained on the base… I still need to glue a piece of felt on the bottom of the base, but aside from that little bit, it’s done and I learned a lot.
I also finished up Anirion. I think next time I’m going to try for a more interesting pattern for a robe edging. The slash marks are ok, but not really interesting.
Now onto the next challenge - Kaladrax and Hyrekia! Actually I have 2 Hyrekia minis, the original metal mini, and the Bones one that came with Kaladrax. I picked up the metal one with a credit I got from Bones I for… Something missing or miscast… I don’t remember what. Anyway, I got the metal one because the Bones Hyrekia was rather… unimpressive. I don’t know if it was a casting issue, or if it’s just a rather soft sculpt, but it lacks the personality of the original metal mini.
While Buglips may be insane enough to try to paint Kaladrax in just 5 days with size 0 brushes, I'm going to use my airbrush!