I have a lot of unpainted minis. Like really a lot. I've very slowly been working my way through them, but it's unlikely I'll ever completely make it through the pile... but I've got to try! So in the spirit of motivating myself to get shit done, I'm joining in on The 6 Month Mountain Reduction & Painting Challenge from Chris' Miniature Woes and Dave's The Spider Web of History, which I found via The Dead Lead Project.
The rules, beginning September 1st, are as follows:
1. No purchasing of new miniatures, EXCEPT if you use a joker card. Like in a deck of cards, you get two jokers to use on a figure purchase during the six months of the challenge. Could be a blister pack, an ebay bundle, or a single figure...you can't splurge. [I don't think this is going to be an issue. There are so many reasons I don't need to buy any more minis...]
2. Gifts do not count against you. Christmas and or birthdays etc. Also, if you're given gift cards by your hobby illiterate family or friends, you can without penalty use them on anything you want miniatures wise. [Again, not a problem. The last time someone gave me minis, it was a box of old D&D minis, and that was over 2 years ago.]
3. Paints, terrain (or materials), and other hobby supplies do not apply to the no purchasing rule. [I'm set for paints and basing materials, so unless I break my clippers or something like that...]
4. At least one hobby related blog post and/or Instagram update a week. If you Instagram, be sure to hashtag your pic with #6MMRPC [I don't have an Instagram account, but I have a blog...]
5. Zombtober will be part of the 6 month challenge so, Zombie related stuff during October is ENCOURAGED! [I can certainly work with that!]
In addition to those rules, my personal goal is at least one painted per week. It doesn't have to have been started that week, but one mini finished each week (basing doesn't count since batch basing works better for the most part). Extra minis finished in a week do not carry over!
We'll see how well I do with this...