Friday, February 1, 2019

January in Review

Somehow January is already over. Not exactly sure how that happened, but it did, and February is here.

Gaming

My Stonehell game has been continuing along, and I had a moment of brilliance this week that my players will have to deal with tomorrow.

With the end of Storm King’s Thunder, we’ve started playing in Curse of Strahd. Gothic horror is one of those tough genres to port over to D&D. There’s an element of inevitability and powerlessness in the face of supernatural evil that doesn’t typically fit the idea of D&D heroics. I’m curious to see how it’ll play out.


Miniatures

I decided to start the year off by knocking out a bunch of ne'er do wells, the Dreadmere Mercenaries from Reaper. Now, I’m not saying these guys will rob you blind, but maybe don’t go anywhere with them alone?


I’ve also been working on the Mordheim Ogre Mercenary. He’s close to done, but more to do.


And for the Curse of Strahd campaign, I needed a mini, and picked Cailleach Deargh, River Widow also a Dreadmere character from Reaper. She’s coming along… I’m thinking about replacing her with a mini from Bones 4, when that finally arrives.


On top of all that, I've also had an itch to work on some plastic kits, and have been poking a bit at the Frostgrave plastic sets... but more on that later.

Media

Books
The Maze of Malcor (Frostgrave supplement)
Central Station
Star Nomad
Honor’s Flight
Starseers
Orphans in the Black
Pirate Utopia
Central Station

Movies/TV Watched
Ant-Man and Wasp
The Orville (S2, e1+2) I have some opinions...
Star Trek Discovery (SO GOOD!)
Short Treks (1-4) (ALSO GOOD!)
Supernatural (few episodes from season 11)

Goals
Finish both Cailleach and the Ogre Mercenary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.