Thursday, February 28, 2019

Thursday Thaumaturgy: Esratsept Lens of the Mind

The tavern was quiet in the predawn hours, but Alianora sat alone near the freshly kindled fireplace, wrapped in a blanket, and looking like hell when Nimble slide through the door. Latching it softly behind him he stepped near the fire with a slight limp. "Rough night?" he asked.

She smiled weakly at him. "That was going to be my question..." She sighed deeply. "Nightmares. Ever since we rooted out that cult... and a spell... a prayer... I can't get rid of it."

"You were cursed?"

"Yes... no... I'm not sure. I woke up the next morning with a new spell in my head. I didn't ask for it, and it's not from The Light. But it's sitting there, like a toad in mud..." She shivered. "I don't want to cast it, but I don't know how else to be rid of it."



3rd level Cleric Spell
Esratsept Lens of the Mind
Range: 30’
Duration: Instantaneous
Effect: One Target

The caster opens a lens to the outer-dark in the target’s mind, giving the target a brief nightmarish glimpse of the One Who Slumbers Between The Stars. The target must make a saving throw vs spells with a penalty based on their intelligence modifier (higher modifier, greater penalty) or be incapacitated for 1d6 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.