Once again I'm participating in the 6 Month Mountain Reduction and Painting Challenge in an attempt to reduce the massive amounts of unpainted minis I've got kicking around.
Here are the rules as taken from The Spiderweb of History:
Alright everybody, it's time for the 2nd Annual 6 Month Mountain Reduction and Painting Challenge or 6MMRPC. We've changed up the time frame - it's going to run from June 1, 2015 thru November 30, 2015. This avoids Christmas. There have also been a few rules changes, and some exciting additions IN BOLD.
1. No purchasing of new miniatures, EXCEPT if you use a joker. You get three jokers to use on a figure purchase. Could be a blister pack, an ebay bundle, or a single figure...you can't splurge. The only exception to this rule is if you need bitz or A FIGURE (Singular) to complete a unit/warband etc. [Shouldn't be a problem! I have too many minis as it is!!]
1.1 - There is an opportunity to "earn" additional jokers. If you complete an entire project (whole unit/army/warband etc.) with pictures of starting, WIP, and completion, you earn yourself a Joker. [We'll see, but Jokers aren't something I need]
2. Gifts do not count against you. Holidays, birthdays etc. Also, if you're given gift cards by your hobby illiterate family or friends, you can without penalty use them on anything you want miniatures wise. [Unlikely to have any impact]
3. Paints, terrain (or materials), and other hobby supplies do not apply to the no purchasing rule. [Again, shouldn't be an issue]
4. At least one hobby related blog post and/or Instagram update a week. If you instagram, be sure to hashtag your pic with #6MMRPC [I'll try to do better this year!]
5. Zombtober will be part of the 6 month challenge so, Zombie related stuff during October is ENCOURAGED. Other theme suggestions are welcomed. [I've got plenty of Mantic and Reaper undead to get me through the month just fine...]
6. Anyone that wants to submit a before and after picture of a miniature that they are proud of completing during the course of the challenge to email@example.com will be entered into the running for a gift certificate to a online wargaming store of their choice. Judging will be by an un-biased person. Amount on the gift certificate will be dictated by winners nationality but should work out to about $30 U.S. I (Spiderweb of History) will not be eligible to win. [Worth a shot. Just need to decide what it'll be...]
For those looking for additional info about this madness, please check out -
6 Month Mountain Reduction and Painting Challenge Master List
The 6MMRPC Facebook Group
I haven't yet decided what I want to set as my challenge for this next 6 months. Knowing myself, I need to figure out what it'll be, then chop it in half. Then, maybe I might get it done.
I already know that I'll be using a joker on the Bones III kickstarter. Kind of the anti #6MMRPC, but what are you going to do?