Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Bits and Bobs XIII

A lot of classic fairy tales have anthropomorphic characters, something that doesn't really show up in D&D very often. The Disoriented Ranger came up with a simple 2d10 chart to roll up anthropomorphic PCs. My first roll created a large serene rabbit, neutral in alignment. I rolled up Harvey!


Rendered Press offered up a table of 20 compete meal choices from soup to coffee.

Back in July, Gorgonmilk apparently started up a community project to write up a d30 chart of unusual gems found in the eye sockets of skeletons. Somehow, I completely missed it until I saw a post over a Rendered Press with some really interesting gems for the project.

For those of us who got in on the Reaper Bones Kickstarter, and are feeling a little overwhelmed with around 250+ minis sitting around unpainted, there are solutions. Caffineforge is hosting a Monday Miniature challenge. This past week the mini of choice was the mimic. Next week, it's the Eyebeast! *cough*beholder*cough* One mini a week isn't so tough... right?



I've been a big fan of hamsters for a while now, and when Courtney Campbell put out a call for one of his posts on the Ecology of the Spelljammer Giant Space Hamster, I was there, and I wasn't alone.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you liked the character generator! I also wondered why such a thing is quite rare for D&D. Not only because it's so prominent in fairy tales. There are so many books, comics and animated movies to steal from, it's embarrassing. By the way, is that movie any good?

    And thanks for making it more public! Made my day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to share awesome things. Thanks for writing it!

      Harvey? It's a classic! I highly recommend it.

      Delete
  2. Two links in one post! Awesome! Thanks for the shout-outs! Glad you like the gem write-ups.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great mimic. I love the mouth/tongue. Why didn't you email it to me so I could post it with all the others? Doing the treasure chest too was a nice touch (I just wish I thought of it.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great mimic. I love the mouth/tongue. Why didn't you email it to me so I could post it with all the others? Doing the treasure chest too was a nice touch (I just wish I thought of it.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I thought you were looking for minis before the date of the post!

      Delete

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.