Thursday, May 9, 2013

The End of the Quest

Tonight I will walk across a stage in a funny robe and a funny hat, and when I walk off the stage I will have my Masters Degree. Actually, I’ll have an empty folder, and they’ll mail it to me later, but officially, if not literally, I’ll have my Masters.

What does this have to do with gaming? Not a whole lot, at least not directly, but I am at the end of this particular quest, and in one way I’ve leveled up. This of course means that I’m ready for the next quest!

After getting in some carousing of course!

But that span, between the end of the drunken revelry and the start of the next quest... It’s pretty well demonstrated in the original Conan movie.



After you’ve thrown lavish orgies of drink and debauchery, burned down a tavern or two, and find yourself hung over and strung out... what next? Your DM might throw you a bone and/or drag you before the king to send you onto the next quest, or he might leave you to figure out what you want to do next.

For myself, I’ve been anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Bones from Reaper. Given the hold up at US Customs, I might be waiting a while, or I might get it in a week. At this point there’s no way to know. Luckily I have no shortage of minis to paint.

Aside from painting minis, I’ve also got my Hirst Arts molds, a bunch of Star Trek models, and an airbrush that I still haven't tried out yet. I think it's safe to say you'll be seeing all that and more...

Anyway, here's to leveling up!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your achievement! You have leveled up in your Scholar class.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huzzah! What did you get a master's in? "The Universe"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forensic Accounting, but I do like your answer better!

      Delete

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.