Friday, January 25, 2019

Dreadmere Mercenaries, part 2

Picking up from where I left off, I spent most of my time cleaning up the sloppy blocking in I'd done.



I also went and hit a bunch of little details. There are just enough on these guys to really bring out their personality, without overwhelming them. Above you can see how the straps, belts, and sheaths have all been painted or blocked in, and the boots are all painted as well. While I was at it I should have painted the bases...



Because you can sort of see the white under the flock...



I think I managed to give them all a fair bit of personality, and even different personalities between the same mini.



The metal was all painted with either Aged Pewter or Dragon Bronze, and in general I tried to make it so that what was bronze on one version of the mini was pewter on the other.

While none of them will win any contests, they're done and I'm thrilled with how they came out.

2 comments:

  1. They look really good! Amazing how just a strip of white lacing really makes things pop! And your faces are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It really helps that the faces are so well sculpted on these guys.

      Delete

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.