Friday, November 16, 2018

Undead of October part 7

Time for a little mummy-loving.



I’ve really only been giving the mummies a fraction of the attention the more skeletal figures have been getting, and they really deserve more. Well, maybe not the basic mummies… They’re really basic, and at this point really close to done. As they’re all now finally based properly, I used my usual dungeon floor color assortment of Redstone Shadow, Stone Grey, and Linen White. And since I hand the linen white out, I used it to highlight a bit of the mummy wrappings. Then it was out with Black paint to clean up the bases, and they’re done! (pic pre-black on the base)



The bases for all 3 of the more characterful mummies are just… disks, basically. Probably designed to looks sort of like sand? And the more I thought about it, I knew what I had to do… Snip, Snip, chop chop… Mush up some green stuff… And that looks better.



Now for a bit of paint...





The other 3 mummies are more detailed, and need a bit more work. The most basic guy is mostly mummy wrapping, and that was done the same as the basic mummies above. I had already painted most of the metallic bits with scorched metal, but I’d missed the… bib? So a bit of brown liner, and then scorched metal on that. I then dry brushed cursed gold on top of it to bring out the detailed bits. For the hat, I used Succubus Kiss as the base for the fabric wrap, and highlighted with a 50/50 Succubus Kiss/Fresh Blood mix.



The shield and sword were a bit of a quandary for me. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to keep the sword kind of bronze colored, or go more iron/steel. I decided to try the steel, in part because I had blade steel on my tray. For the shield, I decided to paint the outer surface with Nightmare black.

And BAM! The mummies are done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.