With the next and last game of Frostgrave rapidly approaching, I needed to get my bookshelves finished.
Since my test shelves worked out pretty well, it was time to kick production into high gear.
So I grabbed the insulation foam and fed it through the scroll saw... and ended up with a LOT of shelves.
2" tall and 3" long each, with craft sticks as the sides, and a washer under each. These were attached using a low temp hot glue gun.
Then the painting... I used cheap craft paint, obviously.
Then came all the cutting and gluing. I used 2 different styles of library shelves to add some visual diversity. Honestly, cutting each individual sheet for the 35 shelves was probably the most annoying part of the process.
And while I was at it I added the POLICE BOX labels to the my TARDIS. I tried to paint them on, but it really didn't work.
I also added a few fun signs to about a third of the shelves.
I still need to put a bit of grey paint on the washers, but I should be able to knock that out tonight really quickly.
Now, the one thing going against them is that they don't really look like they've been in a frozen basement for 1,000 years. On the other hand, they'll do a great job blocking line of sight. Plus they were really easy to do.