Thursday, December 1, 2016

Building the Library

With the next and last game of Frostgrave rapidly approaching, I needed to get my bookshelves finished.



Since my test shelves worked out pretty well, it was time to kick production into high gear.


So I grabbed the insulation foam and fed it through the scroll saw... and ended up with a LOT of shelves. 


2" tall and 3" long each, with craft sticks as the sides, and a washer under each. These were attached using a low temp hot glue gun.


Then the painting... I used cheap craft paint, obviously.


Then came all the cutting and gluing. I used 2 different styles of library shelves to add some visual diversity. Honestly, cutting each individual sheet for the 35 shelves was probably the most annoying part of the process.



And while I was at it I added the POLICE BOX labels to the my TARDIS. I tried to paint them on, but it really didn't work.


I also added a few fun signs to about a third of the shelves.

I still need to put a bit of grey paint on the washers, but I should be able to knock that out tonight really quickly.

Now, the one thing going against them is that they don't really look like they've been in a frozen basement for 1,000 years. On the other hand, they'll do a great job blocking line of sight. Plus they were really easy to do.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's a relatively painless way of making your own library. I may well give your method a go in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.